BENEFITING: American Red Cross
EVENT DATE: Mar 28, 2015
Scott Kahler wrote -
Deloitte Runs for a Cause
The cause is the American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces program. The Service to the Armed Forces program provides support for local and deployed US Service Members from their first day in Boot Camp through their transition back to civilian life.
The Red Cross helps military members, veterans and their families prepare for, cope with, and respond to the challenges of military service. Emergency communications, training, support to wounded warriors and veterans, and access to community resources help an average of 150,000 military families and veterans annually.
ARC services include:
• Emergency notifications for family emergencies
• Material assistance that is vitally needed for the comfort and recovery of wounded service members returning from combat
• Pre and post-deployment assistance and education
• Representation of Service Members before the Board of Veterans Appeals
• Boots to Business program
• Overseas canteen services to bring a “little bit of home” to those who serve
More information on the American Red Cross SAF programs can be found at http://www.redcross.org/what-we-do/support-military-families
Deloitte, along with the American Red Cross of the National Capital Region are coming together to raise critical funds to continue to support this program and on March 28, 2015 will be participating in the Marine Corps 17.74K race at the Marine Corps Base in Quantico VA.
Our goal is to raise $15,000 for the program. We encourage you to support Deloitte Team with a donation to the American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces program.