Detroit Central City is the first community mental health agency in Detroit to establish a Federally Qualified Health Center. Detroit Central City Health Center opened in March 2014 as Detroit's 6th FQHC, providing accessible and affordable health care to residents of Detroit - the un/underinsured and insured, working and unemployed, able and disabled, patients of all life cycles.
- staffed with a Family Nurse Practitioner and medical staff
- located in Midtown Detroit in a small, 2 exam room office
- 300 registered patients and growing! Expecting 4,000 and need a larger space
- building a 5,000 sq.ft. on-site facility, with 6 exam rooms & health education rooms
- funded 50% by grants & donations