Devon Fitzgibbons wrote -
Fun Walk/Run to Benefit Grace Fisher
Sponsored by SB Firefighters Assoc Charity Fund, Tri-Counties CPTA, ParentClick, Arturo's Barbershop, Aqua Nail Bar, El Capitan Canyon, Fox & Goss Antiques, Starbucks-5 Points, SB High School, San Marcos High School
Seventeen year old Gracie Fisher is positively fearless despite the uncertainty she faces since being diagnosed with Acute Flaccid Myelitis in December. The sudden onset of this mysterious, polio-like illness brought on paralysis from her neck down. We had a reason to cheer recently when Grace moved her arm a few inches on her own! Enthusiastic friends, relatives and members of the Santa Barbara community are gathering to cheer on Gracie and lend financial support to her family with an amazing all day event! We hope to raise enough to help her family buy an accessible van to get her to appointments and around town!
On Sunday, April 26, 9 am to 5pm at San Marcos High School's track, hundreds of energetic Gracie fans will run, walk and skip together in symbolic support of Grace’s marathon recovery journey. No running is required! You can help by attending and/or fundraising.
What YOU can do....
REGISTER to attend and/or fundraise for the RACE WITH GRACE by clicking the pink “REGISTER” box above. You can register to attend with an existing team TEAM or START YOUR OWN TEAM! Fun is ahead, we promise! You can FUNDRAISE even if you cannot attend the event.
DONATE by clicking the purple box above and feel good all day! Plus, it's tax deductible! Donate to a specific team or the general Gracie Donation fund- it's all going to Gracie!
SPONSOR by giving RAFFLE PRIZES for this event! Contact Mary Ann at email@example.com to coordiate your donation!
- Event runs 9 am to 5 pm on Sunday, April 26, 2015 at San Marcos High School's track. Team Captains may schedule staggered starts for some participants.
- Teams of 1 or more participants will walk/run/skip a collective 104 laps (26 miles) consecutively or in small groups, within the 8 hour "race" period (9am to 5pm).
- Spirited team costumes are encouraged!
- Live music, food and family activiies on site all day!
- Hair cuts, nail/hair art and massages!
- Really great raffle prizes!
- Participant with sponsorship of $104 or more will receive a souvenir Race With Grace tee shirt.
- Companies looking to sponsor, please contact Mary Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org
All funds are tax deductible and made thru the SB Firefighters Association Charity Fund (501c3 Tax ID 76-0797274).
Keep current with Gracie's progress and check on other events at http://posthope.org/gracefisher