BENEFITING: NORTHWEST TRAIL ALLIANCE
EVENT DATE: Mar 14, 2011
HOURS PLEDGED: 20
So let's talk about Dillon & Kieran's project:
- Straight donation: $15 / helmet. Don't buy just one!
- B1G2: Buy one for your child; give two to someone else. $45
- Donors $15+ - Warm & fuzzy feelings on the inside.
- Donors $45+ - Listed on the website's wall of gratitude; Virtual Hi-Fives from Dillon & Kieran
- Donors $100+ - Signed, limited edition artwork.
- More than 70 percent of 5-to 14-year-olds ride bicycles
- Head injury is the leading cause of death in bicycle crashes and is the most important determinant of death and permanent disability. The single most effective way to reduce head injury from bicycle crashes is to wear a helmet.
- In fact, riders who don't wear helmets are 14 times more likely to be involved in a fatal crash than riders who do.
- Unfortunately, national estimates report that helmet use among child bicyclists ranges from 15 to 25 percent. It is lowest among children ages 11 to 14 .
Help us keep kids safe and make sure every kid has a lid!
Dillon and Kieran (1st grade community project)