Disaster clean up in our home
Organized by: Kara Fanelli
During the week of Thanksgiving, we discovered that 15,000 gallons of raw sewage had enteredinto the crawl space of our home due to a failure of infrastructure in our city's sewer system. We were left with A LOT of human waste sitting below the living areas of our home which created a health hazard for my 3 small children. Our city refuses to clean up the damage that their failing sewer system has caused and our home owner's insurance refused coverage as well. Unfortunately, we had to drain our family's finances in order to hire a restoration company so we could continue to live in our home. We are also facing a large electric bill due to our sump pump continuously running for more than a week, the expense of getting our air ducts cleaned because the water entered our HVAC system and medical related expenses because my 1 year old developed a bacterial infection in her sinuses and eyes. With Christmas right around the corner, we won't be able to give our children much more than clean, healthy air to breath in our home. We're raising money in hopes to cover these expenses so we recover quickly from this mess that was left in our home by our city. We very much appreciate the generosity of anyone who can help our family.