BENEFITING: CITYLAX INC
CityLax ( http://citylax.org/ ) was started by Mat Levine back in 2004-5 to bring lacrosse to inner city high school students in the five boroughs. To date CityLax has been responsible for helping the Public School Athletic League (PSAL) launch 30 boys and girls varsity lacrosse programs in 20 NYC inner city public schools. Along with spreading the game of lacrosse throughout NYC, their goal is to use lacrosse and its network of players, coaches and alumni to help motivated young male and female student athletes achieve success in high school, college and their professional careers.
In an effort to embody the CityLax theme of “Breaking down walls and building one NYC lacrosse Community,” Doc's Boys 8 Blue is dedicating our spring season to CityLax by participating in the “Goals for CityLax” fundraiser. We are asking supporters to help us by making contributions based on the amount of goals our team scores. By the end of the season we hope to raise $10,000.
Here’s how you can help:
1) Pledge per goal
- Decide how much you will contribute for each goal we score this season. Make a note of how much you will pledge and then post this pledge in the "comments" section of your donation. At the end of the season, come back to this page and make your full contribution!
- To help you as you make your decision about what to pledge: We have 16 games scheduled for this season. We estimate that our average goals/game will be about 7 goals.
2) Pledge a flat sum with “additional incentive”
- Decide on a base amount that you wish to donate, and then pledge to give an additional amount per goal scored above a certain benchmark. For example, you may decide to donate $500, and then give an additional $10 for each goal the team scores above a benchmark of 100 goals. So, if at the end of the season the team has scored 110 goals, your total donation would amount to $600.
3) Make a flat sum donation
- If you would prefer to simply make a one-time flat donation in support of our project, you can do so now.
Thank you so much for helping support the growth of lacrosse throughout NYC by participating in this “Goals for CityLax” fundraising project!! Your generosity is greatly appreciated!