BENEFITING: U.S. Fund for UNICEF
EVENT DATE: May 24, 2014
Club for Youth Empowerment 018 from Nis, Serbia organizes “Dodji na Amfi - Volume 3 " (Come to Amfi – Volume 3)event within " Hate Fighters " project – young people combating hate speech online. The training will be organized for young people from 8 countries (Serbia, Macedonia, Turkey, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Germany, Poland, Montenegro) where the participants will discuss the combat against hate speech on the Internet through hip-hop culture and promotion of the same by working through four creative groups - photo, hip hop and break dance, hip hop music and comic. At the end the products of the training will be traditionally presented to local communities at Nisava river bank - choreography, comics, songs and photos, through the final event, "Come to Amfi - Volume 3", which will be organized for the third time on 24th May 2014. This hip hop event will also be supported by the performances of the famous hip hop artists from Serbia and other countries, who also supported the event last year, rappers, graffiti masters, break dancers.
The event will also support young hip hop artists who will have the opportunity to present their work at the event. Three types of competition will be organized for them:
• Sketch Battle - prior to the event online competition will be organized for the best graffiti artists in the Balkans. The young artists will be able to register and submit their work and then the famous graffiti masters from the Balkans will choose the winner. The winner will be invited to Come to Amfi - Vol.3 , where they will be rewarded and draw graffiti with famous graffiti masters.
• Break - dance battle - a call will be published for young break dancers from southern Serbia to apply for Break Dance Battle that will be organized at the Come to Amfi - Vol.3 event. A total of 16 young break dancers will be selected for the competition, and their dance will be judged by a jury which will consist of the famous Balkan break dancers.
• Free MC style battle - a call will be published for young rappers from the South of Serbia to apply for a free style rap battle that will be organized the Come to Amfi - Vol.3 event. Minimum 12 young rappers will be selected for the competition, and their free style rap will be judged by a jury which will consist of famous rappers.
The whole event has a great impact on the multiple levels:
• In Nis, as well as generally in the south of Serbia , Come to Amfi event is the only event of its kind to promote street culture. This kind of events is necessary for the city and local community that attended the previous two Amfi’s in a great number.
• This event provides support and empowerment to young hip hop artists who do not have a chance to express their art and talents. Most the talented youngsters live below poverty line life conditions and do not have mean and opportunities to progress and fulfill their dreams. This event gives them a good starting point and fosters their self-confidence.
• The light motive of the whole event is the combat against hate speech that is present among youngsters nowadays, especially at the social networks. This event will raise the awareness about this issue and promote combat against it. The most important is the presence of the youngsters coming from different countries that used to be in the conflict in the recent history. This event will promote no hate among them and peaceful-coexistence.
Support our event. Support young hip hop artists. Support no hate speech.