Dogs in Honor
Organized by: Kimberly Wattles
Our mission is to show respect and dignity towards veterans who may be suffering from PTSD by pairing and training them with a healthy service dog to become a working team. We are motivated to help our veterans because of our gratitude for the sacrifices they have made in order for all Americans to live their lives freely.
Dogs in Honor is an organization that was formed in Sept. of 2014. We pair and train veterans suffering from PTSD with service dogs to create a healthy, mutually beneficial, working team.
Our passion has stemmed from our love of dogs and what these special dogs can do, not only for us, but for our veterans.
We work individually with each veteran and dog to foster a deep, meaningful bond that will help veterans function better in society and at home.
The dogs are free to each one of our veterans, are up to date with vaccines, and are also spayed or neutered.
Where will my donation go?
- A $10 donation will help cover the cost of gas traveling to and from training sessions
- A $14 donation will help pay for one service dog's collar
- A $15 donation will fund one training session between the veteran and service dog
- A $15 donation will help us pay for one new dog toy
- A $25.60 donation will help us pay for the veterans' graduation shirts
- A $35 donation will help us pay for one leather leash for the service dogs
- A $50 donation will help us pay for a service dog's vest and badges
- A $150 donation will help pay for one bag of dog food and three months of flea, tick and heartworm medications for the service dogs