BENEFITING: RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF NEW YORK
ORGANIZER: RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF NEW YORK
EVENT: Dog Walk 2015
EVENT DATE: Sep 19, 2015
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF NEW YORK wrote -
Join us for a day to support therapy dogs and the courageous children who love them. Hosted by David Frei, voice of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, and Cat Greenleaf, Emmy award-winning journalist and host of NBC’s “Talk Stoop.”
Location: Carl Schurz Park, NYC, East 84th Street promenade entrance
Date: Saturday, September 19, 2015 (rain or shine)
Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This fun-filled event is a 2k walk open to the public, with proceeds from funds raised going to support children battling cancer, and the therapy dog teams that bring smiles to their faces on a daily basis.
HOW CAN I HELP?
Sign up to fundraise for the Dog Walk 2015! Just follow these quick steps:
- Click the blue “FUNDRAISE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN” button on the right-hand sidebar.
- If this is your first time using Crowdrise, create a username and password that are easy to remember.
- On the next screen, click the orange “Join the Team” button. You will get a confirmation email from Crowdrise.
- You will now see your tile below the blue line. Click, “Upload a Photo” to set your profile image.
- Now, you are ready to send out your page! Click the “Manage Campaign” tab to get the link to send to your friends!
- There is NO Pre-Registration Fee for Online Registration
- On-site Registration: $10 Donation
- All Dog Walk participants will be required to sign a waiver.
DOG WALK EVENT INFORMATION
There will be raffle baskets and prizes for the "Best Dressed Big Dog" and the "Best Dressed Little Dog." Participants must be registered walkers and in attendance to win. David Frei and Cat Greenleaf will serve as the judges.
DOG TRAINING TIPS:
- Remember to practice over a four-week period leading up to the walk so that you and your dog are properly trained and ready for the event.
- Practice walking on trails and in other locations where people walk with their dogs to acclimate your dog to other dogs in a pack with distractions.
- Stay hydrated with water at start/finish. Watering holes will be available along the route.
- Make sure to stop if your dog is lagging behind. Pay close attention to the energy and stress levels of your dog. Pulling or dragging your dog is never allowed.
- Have proof of rabies vaccination handy.
- Dogs must be on leashes at all times. Use of retractable leashes is highly discouraged and can be hazardous in a crowd.
- Inspect your dog’s pads for any sign of cuts and wear. A veterinarian will be available on-site.
- Don’t forget to have fun!