Maps + THE BIG DAY HAS *almost* ARRIVED!!!
September 22, 2016
BENEFITING: DC Rape Crisis Center
EVENT DATE: Sep 23, 2016
Instead of getting me anything for my birthday, donate that money to support survivors of sexual violence!
No, you probably weren’t actually going to buy me anything for my birthday (you’re not my grandma). I get that.
Also, I’m sure if you were actually going to spend money on dinner, it’s because you appreciate my company.
About the DCRCC
The DCRCC is the only rape crisis center in the District
- An intersectional, cutting edge approach to supporting survivors on their path to healing
- Holds true to the notion that trauma response and support has to be flexible
- Dares to be unscripted and unconfined to systems that transcribe what healing looks like
- Works to serve the most marginalized in our community
What will $28 do to help survivors?
Donations cover the cost of counseling services, group counseling sessions, and training and technical assistance.
- $25 provides supplies for our Monthly Client Gathering, used to foster survivor fellowship and healing.
- $100 supports our Art and Movement Child and Caregiver Workshop Series
- $500 provides 60 hours of crisis hotline training for our new Crisis Intervention Advocate Volunteers.
- $800 provides a survivor of sexual assault with 3 months of therapeutic counseling from a licensed clinician.
- $1,500 provides a survivor of childhood sexual assault with 6 month of therapeutic counseling from a licensed clinician.
- charity: water
- The survivor-centered approach to recovery
- Shouts out to heartful.ly, a #dctech startup for donating your wedding