Katie Hollabaugh via Crowdrise
January 08, 2014
BENEFITING: Healing Abuse Working For Change
Please help me donate my birthday to HAWC. This organization is near and dear to my heart. Take a few moments to check out the many amazing services http://hawcdv.org/ provides to the women and children. Please help me make my 26th Birthday Special. This is my birthday wish.
My Birthday is January 11. Anything you can donate would be amazing :)
"HAWC offers free comprehensive services to all individuals experiencing domestic violence."
- Every 9 seconds in the US a woman is assaulted or beaten.
- Around the world, at least one in every three women has been beaten, coerced into sex or otherwise abused during her lifetime. Most often, the abuser is a member of her own family.
- Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women—more than car accidents, muggings, and rapes combined.
- Studies suggest that up to 10 million children witness some form of domestic violence annually.
- Nearly 1 in 5 teenage girls who have been in a relationship said a boyfriend threatened violence or self-harm if presented with a breakup.