BENEFITING: Partnership Against Domestic Violence
EVENT DATE: May 02, 2015
PADV’s Hearts with Hope Gala is one of Atlanta’s premier fundraising galas. Held on May 2, 2015 at the Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, Hearts with Hope offers a silent and live auction, dinner and entertainment. The Gala is attended by 450+ of the most prominent individuals and companies in Metro Atlanta. All money raised during this special evening fund PADV’s general operating budget; without which, we could not provide vital services to women and their children affected by domestic violence (“DV”).
PADV has been in existence, serving Atlanta and surrounding areas, for 39 years. We are the largest nonprofit DV organization in Georgia. Our mission is to end the crime of intimate partner violence and empower its survivors. Did you know?
- Every nine seconds a woman is battered in the United States.
- Nearly 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men experience domestic violence in their lifetime.
- In homes where partner abuse occurs, children are 1,500 times more likely to be abused.
PADV is working tirelessly to lower these statistics by offering safety and shelter for battered women and their children; restoring power, self-sufficiency and control to DV survivors; and by educating the public on the dynamics of DV. In addition, PADV operates a 24-hour crisis line and two shelters, housing women and children, in Fulton and Gwinnett counties. Our Gwinnett county shelter is the largest DV shelter in the state of Georgia.
Funding generated by the Hearts with Hope Gala allows us to provide our services free of charge to the community. With generous supporters like you, PADV can continue to deliver these vital and lifesaving services. Your support will help to offer a safe haven and improve the lives of women and children throughout Atlanta, and surrounding communities, who are seeking refuge from violence and abusive circumstances.
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 404-987-4495 or email@example.com or or Daphne Walker, PADV’s CEO, at 404-870-9761 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your consideration and support.
2015 Hearts with Hope Committee Member
Important instructions to REMOVE the optional processing fee from the Crowdrise page: (just trying to save you a couple of bucks that is not going to the cause!)
1. Click on the "Donate to This Fundraiser" button on the right-hand side of the fundraising page.
2. Enter the dollar amount Click the "Donate" button.
3. On the next screen, enter the billing and payment information.
4. Pay attention, this is tricky. At the end of the page, you will see the total donation and an "Optional Processing Fee" with an amount. Directly to the RIGHT of the $ Amount, HOVER your mouse - it is blank white space (or it may say "edit") and a dropdown menu will appear. Select "0% - $0 because I can't stand this fee thing" to remove the optional processing fee and then click the "Save and Close" button.
5. Click the "Donate" button at the bottom of the page to complete the donation.