DonnaBellas Angels is a non-profit that provides inspirational healing art to patients and their support group as they cope with chronic or terminal illness. The non-profit has initially focused on art with cancer themes. The art incorporates the use of angels with positive, inspirational text. The purpose of this art is to provide emotional support with art as per DonnaBellas Angels’ motto, “Medicine Heals the Body, Art Heals the Soul”.
The art is made available to the public multiple ways. Original paintings are donated to medical clinics or wellness centers. The clinics are also provided with art prints that can be distributed to patients and caregivers. Funds raised are used to support this art distribution.
Third party groups can request permission for limited rights use of the art for the purposes of fundraising for another non-profit medical research or patient support services. Examples include art on a team t-shirt and banner for a walk fundraiser; however, the group must finance any printing costs.
Laurel Latto, DonnaBellas Angels’ artist and founder came to the idea of painting cancer angels for healing from her work. She works with medical clinics on clinical research trials for investigational oncology drugs throughout the US. Shohini Ghosh, Artist, has joined and provided her “My Angel” sculptures.
DonnaBellas Angels Donations:
- Donation of two paintings and over 200 prints to Pasco Pinellas Cancer Center clinics in Tarpon Springs, FL, and New Port Richey, FL. (See pictures)
- Donation of ten paintings, 15 My Angel sculptures, and over 600 prints and cards at Cancer Therapy and Research Center (CTRC) in San Antonio, TX.
- Donation of 10 My Angel sculptures and over 175 art prints for a staff respite room at Texas Children’s Cancer Center (TXCCC) in Houston, TX. Nurses used the “Colorful Cancer Angel” on a TXCCC t-shirt fundraiser.
- Donation of a painting and over 150 prints to East Valley Hematology & Oncology / Disney Cancer Center in Burbank, CA.
- Donation of hundreds of art prints to medical clinics, such as, University of Maryland Hospital for Children (Baltimore, MD), City of Hope Medical Center (Duarte, CA), Memorial Children's Hospital (South Bend, Indiana), University of WashingtonSeattle Cancer Care Alliance (Seattle, WA), Stanford University Cancer Center (Stanford, CA), University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center (Miami, FL), Family Cancer Center (Collierville & Memphis, TN), Kaiser Permanente (San Diego, CA),Vita Hematology Oncology (Fountain Hill, PA).