EVENT: Purple Purse Challenge
Your donation helps women, men and children survive crisis, rebuild their lives, and achieve a brighter future. Through Doorways, you empower survivors to thrive. Doorways offers immediate, safe response to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault and helps provide immediate and long-term safe housing for survivors.
Your support enables Doorways to deliver comprehensive support services that teach survivors the skills and tools necessary to lead safe, independent lives:
- Financial Independence Track provides interactive, individualized financial education on budgeting, saving and debt management, as well as employment counseling to help our clients achieve economic stability.
- Counseling Services identify barriers to independence and provide theraputic support to help clients build skills and achieve goals towards self-sufficiency.
- Children's Services provide physical, emotional and social supports to help children heal from the traumatic effects of homelessness and domestic violence.
By investing in the safety and stability of those we serve, you help create brighter futures for thousands of women and families:
- $40 can provide 1 week of nourishing baby formula for an infant staying at one of Doorways' emergency shelters, the Domestic Violence Safehouse or the Freddie Mac Foundation Family Home
- $100 can provide a family at Doorways with 2 weeks of fresh and nutritious food, energizing them for their journey toward independence
- $250 can provide 3 hours of mental health therapy to help a child heal from trauma
- $1,000 can provide a full year of one-on-one financial counseling for a family building independence and self-sufficiency
- $10,000 can provide 43 survivors of domestic violence with one-on-one court advocacy to ensure they receive the legal protections they need to ensure their safety
Thank you for supporting Doorways through the Purple Purse Challenge!