Skip to content

Dorothy is kicking cancers ASS

Organized by: Terri Barber

Terri's Photo
Terri's Photo
 

Moved on to a better place
October 27, 2016

Unfortunately Dorothy lost her battle today . She passed away this afternoon. Thank you for the help from those of you who helped. I appreciate See More

THE STORY:

So my aunt wasn't feeling well. She had a pain in her shoulder. It lasted a couple weeks. So she decided to see a dr. Little did she know, that visit would change our lives forever. Now for those of you that don't know my aunt, she helps EVERYONE!! She would give you the shirt off her back and her last dollar if you needed it. My mother passed when I was 15 so she has been my serogat mother. She has taken care of me, my children,my children's children and many many others who may have needed help. Now the time has come for us to try to help HER! About a month ago she was diagnosed with liver cancer. She had a biopsy and that's what came back. Liver cancer....... our world is falling apart. We are devastated. She has done everything and I mean everything for us. Now,yes she has insurance but that pays 80%. She's responsible for the other 20%. Also she has no prescription coverage. Not to mention the fact that her oncologist is in Miami, 2 hours away. So that cost lots of gas money. Last week we were in Deerfield twice. Just last week, that's 2 trips in 1 week. Tuesday she gird to Miami again.   They were supposed to do surgery on Thursday the 29th of September but when we went to Deerfield last week for the cat scan, they found more spots on the left side of her liver. So now she has to have ANOTHER biopsy before they will decide if they will do surgery. If you research liver cancer, the only thing they really can do to treat it is surgery. So we are crossing our fingers and praying like crazy that these spots are not cancerous. I'm asking for everyone this touches to PLEASE donate something to help this woman, my aunt, who has helped so many in her lifetime. Please open your heart and donate to help pay her medical bills, prescriptions, gas to and from Miami as well as keeping her everyday bills paid while she's out of work. Please help. Thank you

$345

 

1% Raised of $50,000 Goal

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Jorge Quintero

    $25

  • Paul Garzon

    $25

  • Allison

     

  • LEAH BELLAS

    $25

  • Nancy Brown

    $25

  • William Herrera

    $20

  • Anonymous

    $100

  • Jose Lamarque

    $50

  • Catherine Stamm

    $50

  •  
  •  
  •  
Organized by

Terri Barber

This is a direct to organizer fundraiser.

Donor Comments

Catherine Stamm

Catherine Stamm

DONATION: $50

2 years ago

Jose Lamarque

Jose Lamarque

DONATION: $50

2 years ago

Anonymous

ANONYMOUS

DONATION: $100

Such a sweet woman. I'm proud to know her. I pray for her. 2 years ago

William Herrera

William Herrera

DONATION: $20

2 years ago

Nancy Brown

Nancy Brown

DONATION: $25

Praying for you Dorothy !!!!! 2 years ago

LEAH BELLAS

LEAH BELLAS

DONATION: $25

You are in my prayers. 2 years ago

Allison

Allison

Stay strong Dorothy, you can fight this ! Lots of love and prayers. xo 2 years ago

Paul Garzon

Paul Garzon

DONATION: $25

My prayers are with you 2 years ago

Jorge Quintero

Jorge Quintero

DONATION: $25

Dorothy you will beat this. You're a fighter. Prayers to you and trust in the Lord. 2 years ago

Report this page — Let Us Know if you think this page is breaking the law or the CrowdRise Terms