BENEFITING: Down Syndrome Research Foundation
ORGANIZER: Down Syndrome Research Foundation
EVENT DATE: May 07, 2017
Down Syndrome Research Foundation wrote -
Run Hand in Hand with Young People with Down Syndrome
On May 7, 2017, over 15,000 people will push themselves to the limit as they compete in the BMO Vancouver Marathon. As they do, many of them will be making a huge impact in the lives of young people with Down syndrome.
As a National Charity of the BMO Vancouver Marathon, runners are invited to participate on behalf of the Down Syndrome Research Foundation, raising funds to empower individuals with Down syndrome to reach their full potential as contributing members of the community. This initiative is part of the Marathon's RUN4HOPE, and is open to participants in the full marathon, half marathon, marathon relay, 8k or 2.5k run.
Marathon registration prices will increase every two months leading up to the race. However, all DSRF RUN4HOPE runners are eligible to receive the cheapest (Tier 1) registration price, which will automatically be applied when you register.
As a DSRF Charity Runner, participants commit to raising a minimum of $300 dollars for DSRF, using the fundraising tools on this website. DSRF directly supports our runners to help make your fundraising a success. Specifically, DSRF will provide:
- Tier-1 pricing for your Marathon registration (the cheapest entry fee available)
- a customized fundraising web page
- promotion through DSRF's website, Facebook and Twitter
- regular e-mails from DSRF with fundraising tips and encouragement
- a DSRF “hand in hand” pin
- the top two fundraisers will receive tickets to join us at the BMO Vancouver Marathon media event that serves as the kickoff to race weekend
- the satisfaction of helping young people with Down syndrome reach their full potential, and the greatest cheering section you can imagine during the race
Are you a runner? Please consider running hand in hand with young people with Down syndrome, by joining the DSRF team. In addition to creating your fundraising page on this website, you will also need to register for the Marathon and select the Down Syndrome Research Foundation from the list of charities participating in the RUN4HOPE.
Not a marathoner? You can still help! The Down Syndrome Research Foundation will be operating a water station along the Marathon route, and we need at least 25 volunteers to be part of our team! Please join us as we cheer on our runners and spread the word about DSRF. Please e-mail Maria Marano or call 604-444-3773 for more information.
Thank you for running hand in hand with those on the lifetime journey of Down syndrome!