Daniela Quintanilla wrote -
Last year I completed my first Tough Mudder!
With your help I raised $1000 last year and received another $1000 from corporate matching. I'm hoping to do that again this year. This is a 12 mile, 19 obstacle course that I run through mud, sweat, and tears - but I do it for the GO Project. The GO Project serves at-risk public school students here in New York. I tutor middle schoolers so that they may keep up in chemistry, history, and English classes. They are bright students and excited to learn – GO helps them develop the tools and confidence to know they can succeed despite physical, economic, and institutional obstacles in their paths. Some quick facts about GO students:
• 100% are 1-2 years behind their peers when they enter the program in kindergarten.
• 88% are eligible for free or reduced-priced lunch, a federal indicator of poverty.
• 51% have a special education classification as a result of a learning disability, speech or language impairment, or emotional disturbance.
• 52% attend a high need public school.
• 46% are from single-parent homes.