I am excited and proud to be running the 2016 Boston Marathon as a member of the Dream Big! team!
Please take a moment to read about this charity and help me reach my goal! Dream Big! has had a direct impact on more than 15,000 girls - and I want to help increase this number!
Running has always been a part of my life and I have already integrated sports and activities with Harrison and Fiona, even though they are barely in school :) I am blessed to be able to provide these opportunities for my own kids, and so it's even more important that I can support other children who do not have this advantage.
Dream Big! works to provide girls from low-income situations with everything they need to participate in sports and physical activities that will improve their health, education and overall well-being. The opportunity to participate in sports can often be taken for granted; not all kids have the support or resources they need to take part with their peers.
Here's what your donation will do for these girls:
- $35 will purchase a regulation soccer ball or basketball
- $50 will purchase a pair a new pair of sneakers or cleats
- $100 pays for an 8-week dance or fitness class for 1 girl
- $200 pays for a new bike and helmet
- $500 pays for a week long summer sports camp
- $1000 pays for new uniforms, equipment and training for an entire sports team
- $2500 pays for physical education equipment for one full year for hundreds of children in an elementary or middle school
- $10,000 pays for a new community based sports program for 100 female athletes.
To learn more about Dream Big!, visit: http://www.dream-big.org/
THANK YOU so much!!!!!!!