13% Away from Goal!!
March 08, 2017
I am excited and honored to be running the 2017 Boston Marathon as a member of the Dream Big! Boston Marathon team!
Dream Big! works to provide girls from low-income situations with the with the equipment, uniforms, sports attire, athletic footwear, program fees, training expenses, sports opportunities and the supplies they need to participate in sports and physical activities that contribute to their health, education and overall well-being.
Over the past six years Dream Big! programs have had a direct impact on more than 25,000 girls in need through equipment donations, program fee scholarships, sports clinics, college showcases and the Dream Big! Leadership Conferences for middle and high school female athletes.
Unfortunately, poverty can severely limit a young girl’s involvement in sports. Dream Big! is working to breakdown the financial barrier that currently prevents girls from participating. Here are a few examples of the impact Dream Big! donations had this past year:
- Dream Big! donated over $100,000 in new sports attire and athletic footwear to girls track, basketball, double dutch, volleyball and soccer athletes in urban communities
- A donation of a volleyball net and equipment allowed a high school volleyball team to add a girls volleyball program to their school;
- Dream Big! Program Scholarships sent hundreds of student athletes to basketball college showcases, soccer and volleyball camps, dance classes and gymnastics lessons;
- Hundreds of girls attended Dream Big! Sports Clinics in partnership with local college sports teams and the Dream Big! Leadership Conference brought together 220 female athletes from economically disadvantaged communities with former collegiate and Olympic female athletes, now community and corporate leaders, to hear about the impact sports had on their lives and about the college and career opportunities available to them.
How can you help?
No contribution is too small and every single one helps us reach our goal! Here are some suggestions to help Dream Big! continue to make an impact.
- $35 will purchase a regulation soccer ball or basketball
- $50 will purchase a pair a new pair of sneakers or cleats
- $100 pays for an 8-week dance or fitness class for 1 girl
- $200 pays for a new bike and helmet
- $500 pays for a week long summer sports camp
- $1000 pays for new uniforms, equipment and training for an entire sports team
To learn more about Dream Big!, visit: http://www.dream-big.org/
Thank you SO much for your support!