Pat Mishler via Crowdrise
November 19, 2012
BENEFITING: STRAIGHT AHEAD OUTREACH-TAKING BACK YOUR LIFE
EVENT: Mozilla Firefox Challenge
EVENT DATE: Nov 19, 2012
STRAIGHT AHEAD OUTREACH-TAKING BACK YOUR LIFE wrote -
Our Holiday Fundraiser with Crowdrise and Mozilla Firefox Has begun today 11/19/2012!! Dream Machine 2012 !, is part of Straight Ahead Outreach-Taking back your Life Inc. We are a 100% mobile, Mobile Crisis Outreach with a Focus on the homeless but we will and do help anyone in need, wherever they or we may be to "Take Back Their Life".
This particular fundraiser here on CrowdRise is to benefit all those in need of whom are in the Communities where ever we may be. We do not focus on just one community but rather any community we may be in at the time, whether it be that we are driving through it, shopping in it, dining in it or targeting someone in need in it. STA is 100% Mobile. A Mobile Crisis Outreach.
This fundraiser is for the purpose of:
1) Furthering Straight Ahead Outreach-Taking back Your Life's purpose of helping those in need and on a larger scale.
2) Purchasing a new Mobile Crisis Unit Vehicle and operating costs for one year which would provide services right in the streets such as, clothing, hot meals, showers, restrooms and laundry, hair cuts, educating and sharing Jesus and His Father with them and more right in the streets where those in need are in need.
3) STA would travel to other cities/communities upon request (funds permitting) and assist in those communities.
The Vehicle purchased would be one of the types of vehicles shown here in the photos. We prefer to obtain one that is handicap accessible with a lift.
The Funds to be raised would be used to: 1) Purchase & Renovate Vehicle ($120,000.00 limit) 2) Operate the unit for 2 years including all costsof providing all services STA provides including housing search, temporary housing, transportation and more. STA does "Whatever it takes".
It would be equipped with:
- stackable washer/dryer
- 1 shower – (handicapped accessible)
- 2 toilets – (one handicapped accessible)
- An office area with 3 work stations, 3 computers/Laptops
- 1 bed
- Kitchen and reception area
- Handicap wheelchair lift equipped.
This type of vehicle would enable STA to have a full 100% Mobile Crisis Outreach Unit/Office where we can interview our homeless “friends in need” right in the streets where they are, allow them to take a shower, launder their clothes and give them a meal all at one time at any hour of the day or night and let them take a nap if they like. The perfect fit.
Clothing, toiletries, meals, snacks and more all at one time. A relaxing warm atmosphere in order to speak to them about Jesus and why He needs them.
You may also read more by clicking the link below to our main website: