Join us Oct 1 to Oct 27 as we compete with over 160 charities nationwide in the Allstate Foundation Purple Purse Challenge!
All donations made via this team page will go directly to Dress for Success South Central PA so we can continue to assist domestic violence survivors.
We are working towards the $100,000 grant that the Allstate Foundation will present to the participating nonprofit that fundraises the most during this challenge. Additional bonuses will be awarded to nonprofit participants via weekly challenges in October.
Become a team fundraiser, make a donation, or host a "Party for a Cause"! We're excited to participate in this challenge and look forward to your support.
Our Mission is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
- 40% of our clients report that they've experienced domestic violence
- Financial control (aka financial abuse) occurs in 98% of all domestic violence cases. (Purple Purse website)
- Our organization helps our clients obtain employment, retain their job, and regain control of their financial situation.
- Finding and maintaining employment is a key part to a domestic violence survivor's ability to regain her economic independence.
How We Impact Our Community
We have three locations, Harrisburg, Lebanon, and York, as well as our signature Mobile Unit which takes our services into Adams, Perry, and Cumberland Counties. The services we provide to our clients are all FREE!
- We provide our clients with a professional suit (61.4% say it's their FIRST suit) for their job search.
- Once our clients obtain a job, they receive additional outfits; the starting pieces to their "working wardrobe"
- The Going Places Network, a 6-week program, helps our clients gain professional skills, accelerate thier job search and build their confidence.
- 97.9% of our clients indicate a boost in their confidence thanks to the services they receive.
- Every client receives a career center appointment to evaluate their needs in order to identify if the client would benefit from any of our additional job training and job preparedness services.
- 99.4% of clients say they would use our services again.
- 100% of our clients receive "Beyond the Suit" support from our volunteers and staff. Our organization works to educate our clients to prepare them for their interviews, job searches, and professional success.
- Our Informational Training Kiosk provides our clients with professional guidance, interview tips, and employment advice, improving their chances of becoming employed.
- Our Computer Class helps educate and improve clients' computer and internet literacy; expanding their options for obtaining higher level positions.
- JOBS Group meets monthly and is available for clients that are in need of further assistance with resume reviews, mock interviews and advice.
- Our Professional Women's Group (PWG) program provides a network of support for employed clients. For women emerging from a domestic violence situation, this is the opportunity to network and grow within a supportive environment.
We are #ChangingLives in South Central PA