Thank you for visiting my fundraising page! With your help these past two years I have been able to raise over $1,000.00 for the Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Founation (AARBF).
At the age of four I suffered from burn injuries that covered a little over 30% of my body. My surgeon, Dr. Dominic, pestered my mom over and over about sending me to an AARBF event so I could meet other burn survivors. Worrying about my young age, my mom waited three years before she let me go. My first AARBF trip was at a weekend ski/snowboarding event. I was hooked. Snowboarding was just a small piece of the pie. I would eventually attend Champ Camp, a week long camping event for burn survivors at any stage of recovery, and World Burn Congress in 2003. AARBF allowed me the chance to play like other kids my age without worrying about my scars.
I am now 23 and have since moved on from AARBF events and California. I reside in New York continuing work in the non-profit field and plan on attending grad school next year in Michigan. AARBF was a huge supportor in all of my endeavors. Please help me continue supporting them by donating.
What your donation provides:
- $750 sends one burn-injured child to Champ Camp, the nation’s largest and longest running camp for burn-injured children
- $400 sends a family of 4 to The Getaway, which is a weekend camp for adult burn survivors and their loved ones
- $300 sends one young adult to the Young Adult Summit, where they learn valuable life skills
- $150 provides groceries and transportation assistance to a family of four
- $75 sends one burn survivor to one of our 5 regional recreational programs, for example on a Ski Trip or to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Trip
- $25 provides enough burn prevention activity books for one classroom participating in our Firefighters in Safety Education Program
You can also check out AARBF's website at www.aarbf.org to see all of their amazing services for burn survivor's and their families.