BENEFITING: EDUCATORS FOR EXCELLENCE
ORGANIZER: EDUCATORS FOR EXCELLENCE
Last summer, I made the difficult decision to leave my classroom in New Haven. I was frustrated by how little control my colleagues and I had over our practice and our students' learning. I wanted the teaching profession to better honor the expertise of educators in the classroom.
Thankfully, I came to work at Educators 4 Excellence (E4E), a non-profit that works to ensure the voices of classroom teachers are included in policy discussions that affect our students and our classrooms.
E4E has already had a huge impact on New Haven students and teachers, not to mention myself. Working with teachers on policy recommendations to improve school culture and discipline systems has shown me what I knew in my heart to be true -- that teachers have the ability, perspective, and drive to change the system to reflect the needs of our students.
Through their enthusiasm and dedication, I have uncovered a renewed sense of possibility for our students and their futures, not to mention the future of the American public education system.
My goal is to raise $1000 this month. Every contribution will help support more teachers like me.
- $25 helps E4E recruit, engage, and connect a new teacher member with policy and leadership opportunities;
- $50 helps E4E host school-based community events for teachers such as focus groups and listening sessions;
- $100 helps E4E organize large panel discussion events for teachers to meet with experts and policy makers through the E4E Networking and Event Series;
- $250 helps E4E members share their policy recommendations with key education decision-makers through the E4E Teacher Policy Team Program;
- $500 helps E4E provide teacher leadership training through the E4E Teacher Leadership Program.
Thank you so much for your support!
P.S. Please leave a comment or story to let us know why you chose to donate to this important cause!