BENEFITING: EDUCATORS FOR EXCELLENCE
ORGANIZER: EDUCATORS FOR EXCELLENCE
As you know, for the last five years I have been very active with Educators 4 Excellence (E4E), a teacher-led nonprofit, which is helping to lift the prestige of the teaching profession and student achievement. Through our work we have seen the challenges of closing the achievement gap, particularly in poor neighborhoods and communities of color. We have also seen the many solutions we need to enact to close the gap; among the most important is revolutionizing the teaching profession.
Consider the following: ten years ago, YouTube was just founded, an iPhone was a typo, a recession was just the end of a ceremony, and nobody had heard of Obama for America. Ten years from now, my students will be 24 years old and will find themselves in a vastly different world than they are in today. We need education policy to reflect the dynamic world we live in.
That's why at E4E, with our over 10,000 New York and 16,000 national teachers, we take action to improve public education by meeting with elected officials, running for union leadership positions, and advocating for our education policy proposals to improve local schools.
To support this work, this May E4E is transforming the typical national Teacher Appreciation Week into our second annual Teacher Appreciation "Month." We are using these 31 days to raise awareness and funds.
My goal is to raise $3500, $250 more than what I raised last year. Here's what we can do with the money we raise:
· $25 helps E4E recruit, engage, and connect a new teacher member with policy and leadership opportunities
· $50 helps E4E host school-based community events for teachers such as focus groups and listening sessions
· $100 helps E4E organize large panel discussion events for teachers to meet with experts and policy makers through the E4E Networking and Event Series
· $250 helps E4E members share their policy recommendations with key education decision-makers through the E4E Teacher Policy Team Program
· $500 helps E4E provide teacher leadership training through the E4E Teacher Leadership Program
Thank you for your time and for considering supporting our work.
All my best -
About Educators 4 Excellence (E4E)
For far too long, education policy has been created without a critical voice at the table- the voice of classroom teachers.
Educators 4 Excellence, a teacher-led organization, is changing this dynamic by placing the voices of teachers at the forefront of the conversations that share our classrooms and careers.
E4E has a quickly growing national network of educators united by our Declaration of Teachers’ Principals and Beliefs. E4E members can learn about education policy and research, network with like-minded peers and policymakers, and take action advocating for teacher-created policies that lift student achievement and the teaching profession.
Learn more at E4E.org