BENEFITING: TUESDAYS CHILDREN
EVENT DATE: Nov 04, 2012
I am running in my fourth New York City Marathon this November. As part of this year's run, I am raising funds for Tuesday's Children.
Tuesday’s Children is a non-profit family service organization that has made a long term commitment to every individual impacted by the events of September 11, 2001 and more recently those who have been impacted by terrorist incidents worldwide.
Since 2001, Tuesday’s Children has promoted healing and recovery by strengthening family resilience, providing individual coping and life management skills and creating community through programs, mental health support and family engagement opportunities.
Your donation will support Tuesday’s Children programs which include:
• A mentoring program for children and teenagers,
• Project COMMON BOND, which unites young adults from around the world coping with the common bond of traumatic loss of a loved one due to terrorism,
• Unique enrichment services life management workshops for adults,
• Specialized college and career guidance programs,
• Meaningful community service projects like Helping Heals,
• The First Responder Alliance that provides a variety of programs for our heroic first responders and their families.
All of the programs offered by Tuesday's Children address the ongoing needs of children and families. They bring families together, helping them recover from their loss and develop a sense of future.
Thank you in advance for your support.