Make your donation today!
June 29, 2016
BENEFITING: Esophageal Cancer Awareness Association, Inc.
FUNDRAISING GOAL: LAUNCH NATIONAL AWARNESS CAMPAIGN TO SAVE LIVES THROUGH EARLY DETECTION.
The Esophageal Cancer Awareness Association wants America to know about this serious disease. Over 16,000 Americans will die of EC by the end of 2016. Currently, esophageal cancer is the fastest growing cancer in America, in 2016 more than 18,000 men and woman will be diagnosed. Most people have no idea they could be at risk. Survival rates vary, but the common initial reaction of..."I have never heard of this before", must change. A national awareness campaign is desperately needed to help make early EC detection a healthcare priority. Now is the time for you to help us save lives, and offer a charitable donation in support of this national early EC detection awareness campaign.
SAVING LIVES THROUGH EARLY STAGE ESOPHAGEAL CANCER DETECTION.
Since 2002, the ECAA was founded and has been promoting esophageal cancer awareness and advocacy. The ECAA Facebook pages has more than 5,000 Facebook friends. Our 100% volunteer team produced a series of compelling "EC Survivor " testimonial videos which are viewed on YouTube and on global cancer websites(i.e. Cure Magazine). We have access to EC doctors with international reputations, and we fund cutting-edge diagnostic and therapeutic EC research
We are Silver level Guidestar non-profit 501(c)(3) charity organization.
Our dedicated volunteer ECAA team will ensure that the campaign will be a success and ultimately save lives with its early detection message communicated to a national audience.
Led by an all volunteer board, the ECAA is excited to have the full support of a select group of highly skilled individuals who will lead the campaign. These marketing professionals planned the PR and social media awareness campaign, and will contract with a nationally recognized PR social media advertising firm for the day-to-day execution of the campaign which will reach a national audience.
The campaign will inform the national media and public with compelling and rigorous socail media posts, public relations efforts, national TV appearances, public speaking engagements, and print and broadcast news exposure. The message will be powerful; the nation's fastest growing cancer diagnosis needs to be detected early for the best possible patient outcomes. Our goal is simple; to save lives through early stage EC detection.
THE 2016/17 CAMPAIGN GOALS:
- ECAA will increase national awareness for the risk factors of esophageal cancer, which include Barrett's esophagus, acid reflux, throat burn, GERD, obesity, and often overlooked symptoms like difficulty swallowing, persistent hiccups, and persistent cough and/or hoarse voice.
- Esophageal cancer is being discovered in more individuals at younger ages than ever before. Reaching a wide male and female demographic will be critical in saving lives.
- We expect the ECAA awareness campaign to provoke pro-active conversations between medical professionals and individuals with early warning symptoms. These important dialogues will lead to a significant increase in early detection diagnostic procedures such as upper endoscopy or non-invasive transnasal endoscopy (TNE) — this increase in early detection will result in earlier diagonsis and more life saving treatments.
THE 2016/17 CAMPAIGN STRATEGY:
- Organize and outline the campaign with a full-service Public Relations Social Media Advertising firm — establish final 2016/17 media outreach schedule and set measurable campaign goals.
- Connect with national electronic, blog, print and broadcast media to offer EC information and compelling survivor stories, schedule national speaking engagements, distribute ECAA materials and website URL.
- Execute a rigorous phone and email out-reach effort to lifestyle/healthcare bloggers, website content administrators, print and broadcast media gatekeepers.
- Show the public and medical community what this cancer is doing to people, and inform them why it needs to be diagnosed early.
- Organize this campaign around and including ECAA partnerships with NCCN, Cure magazine and medical professionals.
- Promote the ECAA's role to all those who are coping with esophageal cancer in support and latest information available as the best site assistance source.
THE 2016/17 CAMPAIGN TACTICS:
- Contract with PR/Advertising agency for 12-month full-service relationship.
- Solicit help from the ECAA Facebook community in building awareness and funding support.
- Distribute the "Survivor” video series links internationally. Build and distribute ECAA info kit package to TV and print media.
- Build connections to health and lifestyle magazine and blog editors — acquire editorial calendars.
- Schedule and facilitate regional and national public and TV appearances for EC experts, survivors, Drake & Aviv.
- Execute a rigorous electronic media outreach effort utilizing social media including Facebook, health and lifestyle blogs, and health and lifestyle websites.
- Keep WWW.ECAWARE.ORG current with related links, video clips, press area for b-roll, etc.