Duane White wrote -
This is the annual mission trip to Ecuador that is attended primarily by members of The Met in Cypress, TX and Life Bible Church in Canton, GA. Others are also frequently invited.
Our mission trips are annual events where we re-visit with churches and other organizations that we have assisted in various ways in past visits. Our trips are relational in nature and we see many of the same people year after year.
We typically provide Vacation Bible School to several thousand children over the course of a week, provide Bible teaching to adults, and church support such as discipleship training to the churches that we support.
We also try every year to meet material needs of churches in the way of building improvements, Bibles for distribution, and other materials as requested by the individual churches.
The list of needs for 2016 has yet to be fully determined, but we will update this site as we determine the specific needs and financial requirements for this particular trip.
Types of needs addressed in the past from financial donations include:
- Ceiling fans for worship centers and other church rooms, such as children's classrooms
- Funds for new walls and other building improvements
- Shoes for children
- School supplies for needy children
- Soccer goals for the playground at the orphanage
- Sweat suits for the needy/homeless in the mountains in Ibarra
- Meals for the orphanage and nursing home.
We also keep contingency cash on hand to meet immediate needs as we see them during our trip. For example:
- Purchasing soccer balls for schools so that the children don't have to play soccer with a water bottle filled with sand
- Purchasing fresh apples/fruit for children attending VBS
- Any additional funds remaining will be donated to the organizations we serve before the team leaves the country at the end of the trip.
All funding for this trip is provided by the volunteers who go and their own fundraising efforts (such as this site). We have no official sponsors and are not alligned with any single denomination.
All proceeds from this fundraiser flow to Elavare International (our funding partner) and are distributed to the team as we prepare for the trip.
All donations are fully tax-deductible and you will receive an electronic receipt via email immediately after donating.
NOTE: Crowdrise includes a fee for use of their site - feel free to adjust or remove this fee (this portion is NOT tax-deductible). We appreciate any donations via this fee to support Crowdrise, however as they have a fantastic site for fundraising.
To find out more, visit our web page at www.EcuadorMissionTeam.org.