BENEFITING: THOMAS EDISON CHARTER ACADEMY
With the new school year rapidly approaching, TECA desperately needs some new technology. Specifically each classroom needs laptops, document cameras and projectors.
What makes our school so awesome and donation worthy? Well . . .
- At a time when education cuts have become the norm, TECA provides daily instruction by full-time credentialed teachers in Art, Drama, Music, and PE.
- We give parents the option for 50/50 dual language immersion in Spanish and English for grades K-2.
- We provide on-site care before and after school; from 7:30am – 6pm every day.
- In 2012 TECA met or exceeded our Annual Yearly Progress targets and achieved an API score of 794 – more than 30 points better than average.
- More than half of our students are considered “socioeconomically disadvantaged”.
- 13% of our 2013 graduating class was accepted to Lowell High School which is consistently one of the top ranked high schools in the nation.
But we still need your help to raise enough money to ensure that a basic level of technology exists in the classrooms. Laptops and other items facilitate learning and prepare our kids for life beyond Grade 8. A donation of any amount would be incredible. We’re a 501 (c)(3) non profit so it’s tax deductable. Or, if you have a used (but working) laptop sitting around the house collecting dust, we would be more than happy to take it off your hands. Thanks!