Skip to content
sheilatabrizi's profile image - click for profile

Sheila Tabrizi's Fundraiser:

Educate Girls in Northern Nigeria

Sheila's Photo
Sheila's Photo
Sheila's Photo
Sheila's Photo
Sheila's Photo
Sheila Tabrizi

THE STORY:

Invest in Girls, Transform a Region: Help Break the Cycle of Poverty, Child Marriage, and Maternal Mortality

All donations are tax deductible

A girl in Nigeria is more likely to die giving birth than attend secondary school. Parents would rather send their girls to school than marry them off if they could afford it. You can be the reason a girl is able to go to school instead of having to get married at a young age and risk dying in childbirth 

BENEFITING: Centre for Girls Education (CGE) in Kaduna State, Northern Nigeria

(Please view the video on the left) 

Our immediate goal with your help is to raise school fees for all the girls in CGE project villages who are entering secondary school, an incoming class of 600 girls, that will take a minimum of $10,000. 

THE STORY:

Tuition costs are the primary barrier to keeping rural girls in school in Northern Nigeria. Since 2008, the Centre for Girls Education has raised funds for over 1,000 six-year secondary school scholarships for rural girls in Northern Kaduna State.  

The OASIS Initiative, in partnership with Venture Strategies for Health and Development, is working to educate at least 600 more girls with the money donated at this webpage.

By supporting girls’ education, we can:

Break the Cycle of Poverty. An extra year of primary school education boosts girls’ eventual wages by 10–20 per cent. An extra year of secondary school adds 15–25 per cent.

Improve Health. Women aged 20-24 are five times less likely to die in childbirth than girls aged 10-14. Secondary education reduces maternal and infant mortality, improves health seeking behavior and improves overall quality of life. 

Accelerate Development. Girls' secondary education accelerates regional development and enables women's leadership.

$24 will cover one girl’s school fees for a year.

$72 will cover one girl’s school fees for 3 years.

$144 will cover one girl’s school fees for 6 years.

 

97% of this will go directly to girls’ scholarships. The remainder is for the fundraising website's 3% fee for this service. Venture Strategies for Health and Development is a registered 501(c)3 and will send your donation directly to the Centre for Girls Education.  We will provide school receipts upon requested. 

DONATE

To This Fundraiser

$1,772

MONEY RAISED
  • Anonymous

    $1,500

  • Anonymous

    $72

  • Anonymous

    $200

  •  
  •  
  •  

Fundraise for this Campaign

The Team: $7,447 TOTAL RAISED SO FAR

JOIN THE TEAM
Fundraiser Title

OASIS Initiative

Amount Raised

$5,424

 

36% Raised of $15,000 Goal

Fundraiser Title

Sheila Tabrizi

Amount Raised

$1,772

Fundraiser Title

Mike K.

Amount Raised

$226

Fundraiser Title

PaPapero De' Anatronis

Amount Raised

$25

 

5% Raised of $550 Goal

Donor Comments

Anonymous

ANONYMOUS

DONATION: $200

Thank you for your riveting presentation and ongoing care for these girls! Glad we can help the cause. 2 years ago

Anonymous

Anonymous

DONATION: $72

Such a great cause! Thank you for the opportunity to contribute! 2 years ago

Anonymous

ANONYMOUS

DONATION: $1,500

2 years ago