Sadie Green via Crowdrise
November 20, 2012
BENEFITING: Friends of Volunteers Initiative Nepal
EVENT DATE: Dec 31, 2012
CONGRATULATIONS TO TEAM SUSMITA! We have successfully raised enough to sponsor her education for another year!
I urge you to please consider contributing $10 to Susmita's continuing education, because two more years of school will allow her the opportunity to obtain her SLC -the equivilent of a high school diploma.
Susmita Aryal loves to sing and dance. She is 14 years old, and wants to be a doctor when she grows up. Her parents are poor farmers who can not afford to continue to send her to school.
She is identified, by locally developed NGO Volunteer Initiative Nepal, as being at high risk for being taken out of school early.
Please help me to keep Susmita in school this year!
Every little bit counts, and even a little education for a girl in Nepal makes a huge difference.
With every grade, a girl's income potential and family's economic stability increases.
Women's education is also linked to health stats: reduced infection rates, reduced rates of maternal and infant mortality, increased immunization among children, lower birth rates, and overall healthier families.
It will take only 23 of us donating $10 each (Crowdrise's minimum) to cover the following for Susmita:
- her admission fees
- her examination fees
- her monthly tuition fees
- her two sets of uniforms (shirt, pant, sweater, tie, belt, shoes, bag etc)
- her stationery and books
- her medication
- her child club support
- support for community development activities in her village
- administrative charge (including correspondence with her; follow up and monitoring of her)
There are 3 easy ways you can get involved and make a big impact this holiday season (and in the process get automatically entered to win a free week’s stay at Tree Tops Cottage on Maui!)
- Donate to Susmita's Team Hit the orange ‘DONATE’ button on the right and help me send Susmita to school this year!
- Join Susmita's Team (No Money Neccessary!) and help me spread the word about this good cause. Tell your parents, your cousins, your best friend from college, your roomates, and get your community involved this holiday season!
- Start your own team for one of these girls still in need of sponsorship (for the equivalent to one Latte a week for a year, you and your friends and family can sponsor one of these deserving young ladies for another guaranteed year of schooling).
Contest Details: You can win a FREE week’s stay in a vacation rental in Haiku, Maui!
We have 3 categories, with a free Maui week awarded to the winner of each. Contest ends Dec. 31st, 2012!
Contest #1: For the person who raises the most funds for this event
Contest #2: For the person who recruits the most people to participate, either by getting them to donate, join or create a team
Contest #3:‘Wild Card’ Drawing - Each person that joins our event automatically gets an entry to win! Drawing will be held January 2nd, 2013. See official rules & contest details.
Thank you so much for your help!