Family Care Foundation, Inc. via Crowdrise
February 15, 2011
BENEFITING: Family Care Foundation, Inc.
EVENT DATE: Feb 15, 2011
From Alex and Ann in Phnom Penh, Project Managers of Family Care Cambodia
For nearly a decade, we’ve worked to nurture Cambodia’s economically disadvantaged rural youth with enhanced opportunities for education and training.
Case in point: The Phum Thnal Primary School, Siem Reap, was among the poorest in the district when we first built a teacher/student counseling office, and sponsored a part-time English teacher in 2006. The program has since expanded to include an IT lab with 30 computers, electricity installation and maintenance, a new 3-classroom building, student lavatories, hand-wash basins, a sports program and soccer team! Presently, English & computer classes are available for all 4th-6th grade students daily and 36 boys and girls have joined the soccer team! We provide student textbooks, and organize an annual English camp with native English speaking instructors. As a result, Phum Thnal Primary consistently ranks number 1 for Siem Reap province in education, hygiene, environment and discipline…a remarkable turn-around!
We have seen firsthand how educational opportunities can motivate poor, rural youth to believe in themselves and reach for a brighter future. We are here. We are committed. Please invest in Cambodia’s future by helping us maintain and expand our Rural-Ed programs.
Alex and Ann
TOTAL AMOUNT: $21,640
- Two English teachers: $400 per month/$4800 per year
- Schedule coordinating/classroom supplies: $58 per month/$700 per year
- Annual English camp: $500 for a 3 day camp, once a year
- Text books & certificates: $1000, once a year for 240 MS Word books, 240 MS Excel books, 228 English books, 468 course certificates
- Sets of 20 English/Khmer Children’s Readers/Activity Books for 50 primary schools in Siem Reap province: $120 per school/$6000 for 50 schools
- Computer teacher $350 per month/$4200 per year
- Electricity for computer, lights, fan and water pump: $150 per month/$1800 per year
- Computer maintenance and repairs: $50 per month/$600 per year
- Sports program-coach-equipment-transport to competitions, $170 per month/$2040 per year