Ashanti Branch via Crowdrise
May 07, 2011
BENEFITING: EVER FORWARD-SIEMPRE ADELANTE
EVENT DATE: May 28, 2011
There is still plenty of time and plenty of ways to help:
1. Create a team of 10 persons who will commit to walking and/or running for 24 Hours.
2. Create a team of 10 persons who will commit to walking or running for 3 hours.
3. Volunteer to support the relay by working a 4-hour shift. Volunteer form found on this event page or at www.everforwardclub.org
4. Come out on May 28 to cheer on these incredible youth who have committed to walking and running for 24 hours.
5. Make a financial donation and be entered into a drawing for the following prizes:
First Prize: 1-Week Vacation Rental - Worldmark by Wyndham Resort
Second Prize: Apple iPad, 32GB
Third Prize: X-Box 360 Connect
& Many More Prizes: Winners will be Announced at the Event (you do not need to be present to win)
Make a Donation get a ticket:
1 Ticket - $5 5 Tickets - $20
Here is more information about the
7th Annual 24 Hour Relay Challenge.
What is it?
The 24-Hour Relay Challenge is a community celebration that builds and strengthens partnerships and creates an atmosphere of togetherness and support for both youth and adults to improve their communities.
To give students a chance to give back to their community while having 24 hours of FUN in an environment that is safe, alcohol, tobacco and drug free. To build and strengthen community connections, promote civic responsibility by engaging youth and adults in ongoing leadership and service opportunities, and empower the members of their community to address and support community challenges in a friendly and collaborative way.
How does it work?
The 24 Hour Relay Challenge will become a Memorial Day tradition. Youth and adults from varied backgrounds form teams of 10 people. Each team member walks or runs a mile in a pre-determined order, then passes the baton to a teammate in a cycle that repeats continuously for 24 hours. For the entire 24 hours of the Relay, there will be a community slumber party / camp-out, with continuous entertainment, food, and camping - participants will have a chance to meet other students and adults in a safe, alcohol, tobacco, and drug free setting while having the most exciting 24 hours imaginable.