BENEFITING: BREVARD SCHOOL READINESS COALITION COUNTY INC
HOURS PLEDGED: 120
Who we are
- Serving 3600 children monthly through the School Readiness program which supports low income working families with the high cost of child care Serving 4600 4 year olds in the VPK program
- Provides training, technical assistance and other supports to a network of 180 Brevard County early childhood educators
- Local initiative started by 12 year old Acacia
- Acacia invented the Friendship Bench
- Promote character development using the Friendship Bench to spread a message of kindness and empathy to elementary aged children
Our Mission - Bring the message of Tiny Girl, Big Dreams to ELC’s target audience of 0-5 years olds and their families.
Our Goal - Install 50 Friendship Benches, at contracted early learning facilities throughout Brevard County.
Our Strategy - Raise dollars through a variety of fund raising activities and grants from local businesses and private donations.
- The Friendship Benches serve as a center piece for character development curriculum, along with programmed curriculum guides to assist teachers with the conveyance of kindness and empathy.
- The benches will be used by children to signal that they are having a bad day or feeling down and need a friend; someone to show them they are there for them and compassionate to their needs.
- The corresponding Friendship Report is a direct corollary to the federally mandated Bully Report, but is showing signs of improving student behavior by catching kids doing something positive, and recognizing it.
For more information or questions please contact
Sky Beard, Executive Director of
The Early Learning Coalition of Brevard
at 321-637-1800 x2010
Our organization is recognized by the United States Treasury Department as tax-exempt under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Service Code. Your contributions may be deductible for Federal income tax purposes.