BENEFITING: East Bay Agency for Children
Elisa Haro wrote -
Dear Family and Friends,
When my Grandma Connie passed November 14, 2005 I felt like a part of my Soul had been taken from me. I struggled for many years feeling very much alone in my grief and struggled to make meaning of this experience. Yet, it was this excruciating pain that led me to where I am today; now, after 10 years on this journey I am a hospice Grief Counselor and have just been blessed to be hired as the Grief Support Group Program Coordinator at Circle of Care. Where there is a shadow there is ALWAYS a light; had it not been for the painful experience of loosing my grandma I would not be doing the work that I feel so passionately about today...this beautiful work that feeds my Heart and Spirit!
More recently, the Duran family just experienced the loss of my grandpa Jesus. Grandpa can be considered the epitome of an immigrant success story, exceptionally giving, a loving father and overall wise Soul. I will be walking May 9th in honor of him and my grandma. In my grandpa's words “Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today” and it is with this quote in mind that I invite you all to support Circle of Care's unique program that supports children and their families coping with a life threatening illness or the death of a loved one. This program helps children heal and learn to cope with this traumatic experience and ensures that no child will have to walk their grief journey ALONE. I am asking you...my family and friends to please contribute to this fundraiser in the name of grandpa Jesus and/or grandma Connie so that this important, life changing work can continue in the hearts of the families we serve everyday.
Join the Walk to Remember to celebrate the life of someone YOU have loved and lost or to show support for a family you know who is dealing with a life-threatening illness.
Venue: Lake Merritt - Oakland, CA (Near the Bandstand and Fairyland @ 699 Bellevue Avenue)
How to Participate:
1. Click Register or Donate (at the top right of this page).
2. If you are donating, you can donate to a specific particpant or team. You can donate online or mail a check to Walk to Remember, c/o EBAC, 303 Van Buren Ave, Oakland, CA 94610. Thank you very much!
3. If you are registering, you can register as an individual walker or create a team and ask your friends and family to join you.
4. Walkers then simply set up your personal fundraising page, including photos and a few words about why you are "Walking to Remember". You will also create a custom URL (link) to your fundraising page. Be the first to make a donation to Circle of Care from your fundraising page.
5. (This is the most important step!) Copy and paste the link to your personal fundraising page into an email and send that email to everyone you know inviting others to make a donation to Circle of Care in support of your participation in the Walk to Remember. Share your link on your Facebook page, too!
Don't be shy about this last step. You'll be surprised how many people you know who will be happy you gave them the opportunity to contribute in honor of someone they have also loved and lost. So send your donation invitation wide and far to give others the chance to feel good, too.
For more information about Circle of Care, visit http://www.ebac.org/programs/circle/index.asp