BENEFITING: ELKLAND SCHOOL ART CENTER INC
EVENT DATE: Jul 04, 2014
Elkland Art Center's mission is to build community while making art; using art as a means to make the world a better place.
Every year, Elkland hosts a Fourth of July parade called the Liberty Parade to celebrate creative freedom and self-expression.
This year's Liberty Parade is all about SOUND!
As amazing as the Liberty Parade is, there's always been a lack of musical accompaniment. We are pulling out all the stops on what a joyful noise might be like and exploring the vast world of SOUND.
A large puppet called "The Big Pink Thing" will be transformed into a dancing noise maker. In workshops throughout the month of June there will be opportunities to make sound suits, shakers, drums, and other musical instruments emerging from participants' own creativity.
The parade requires months of planning, workspace, storage, supplies, personnel, and volunteer hours to make each year's event unique and spectacular. The parade and the workshops leading up to it are free and open to the public. Elkland raises funds by reaching out to generous donors (such as you!) to be able to keep the event free and fun.
Part of the fun of giving is getting prizes!
By giving in the following increments, you may choose to receive the corresponding prizes:
- $5 resounding gratitude!
- $10 1 SOUND greeting card (and resounding gratitude!)
- $25 3-pack SOUND greeting cards (and resounding gratitude!)
- $50 a 2014 Liberty Parade poster and 3 cards (and resounding gratitude!)
- $100 a small handmade SOUND banner, a poster, and 3 cards (and resounding gratitude!)
- $250 a soundwave Liberty Parade t-shirt, banner, poster, and 3 cards (and resounding gratitude!)
- $500 a SOUND sculpture, t-shirt, small banner, poster, and 5 cards (and resounding gratitude!)
- $1000 Welcome Tent Sponsor, SOUND sculpture, t-shirt, banner, poster, and 5 cards (and resounding gratitude!)
- $1500 Food Tent Sponsor, a SOUND sculpture, t-shirt, banner, poster, and 5 cards (and resounding gratitude!)
Should you choose to receive prizes, they will be delivered to you by the end of August. To receive your prize, be sure to give us your email address when you donate. We will contact you to collect your shipping information. Your donation is tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law minus the value of your prizes.
More about the parade:
The Liberty Parade takes place on the Fourth of July in Todd, NC. Paraders are invited to meet in Todd at the corner of 194 N and Railroad Grade Road at 10:30am to put on costumes, get into giant puppets and choose an instrument. All costumes, puppets, and instruments are provided. Additional instruments are encouraged!
The parade begins at 11 am and lasts about 45 minutes with food available for purchase. This year we will enjoy the Blues Buzz of Todd's own The King Bees and a few fabulous selections from Boone musician, Kendra Warren. Culminating festivities will take place in the Walter and Annie Cook Park.