Arjun Sachdev wrote -
In an effort to help eradicate curable blindness in India, I am interested in an initiative to raise funds for the Sankara Eye Foundation. This is a non-profit organization whose mission is to realize the goal of 20/20 vision for the poorest people in India by the year 2020. Unfortunately, those who live in rural India do not know that curable blindness, such as cataracts and glaucoma, is actually curable nor do they have the resources to get the proper medical attention. Please join me as we try to help The Foundation reach their goal of performing over 1 MILLION eye surgeries per year.
- In 2009, Sankara Eye Foundation performed 105,000 eye surgeries
- 1/4 of the world's blind live in India
- 45 million Indians are visually impaired (roughly 12 million are totally blind)
- 80% of the visually handicapped can be partially or fully cured
- A $30 donation helps perform 1 eye surgery
Thank you so much for your time and consideration and I look forward to any support you are able to provide.
"There is no better way [to be thankful] for your sight than by giving a helping hand to someone in the dark."