Empowering At-Risk Thai girls To Develop Their Community
Organized by: Emily Prey
A New Chapter and Summary of Acheivements in 2017
March 06, 2018
We are now at the stage where we are looking for larger organizations to come and sponsor the project and take it in a new direction, led by a network of NGOs in Chiang Khong. We will be opening a new bank account and making a more official donation system - so we are closing this fundraiser. (If you are still interested in continuing to support this project, please contact me - or wait for more updates on the progress of the project.)
For now, I would like to say a huge thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone (who donated via this campaign or directly to myself) who made the following possible:
We delivered items to protect families from the cold
- 50 sweaters
- 50 jackets
- 50 thick blankets
We also donated 10 mosquito nets to families who had no protection for their children (from the threats of potentially fatal illnesses: malaria and dengue fever)
We built 7 bathrooms and provided sanitation training for families who had no bathrooms of their own.
Since 2016 you raised 139,764.93 THB (almost $4,500 or 3210 GBP) - in 2017 spent 78,076.00 THB on protecting and developing the homes of the most vulnerable families, and in 2018 the remaining funds will be used to spark long term sustainable change in the village.
For the next phase of the project, we aim to:
1. Empower people in all groups of the community know about and understand the assets in their village, problems in the community and work together to find a way to address the issues in the community.
2. Report on the findings of the research study (the assets, the issues, how to address the issues).
3. Find a way to develop the assets identified in the community, to be used as a tool for promoting the economy and quality of life of people in the community.
4. Create at least 3 vocational skills groups in the community.
5. Create a core group of leaders including, children, youth, women and underprivileged.Our aim is to make long term change, and empower the people in this village to harness their own potential, so that one day they will not need hand outs, and families will be able to support themselves, and support each other.
Thank you so much for being the spark that will ignite amazing change in this village x Emily and Maia
P.S Links to follow on how you can keep up to date on the future of this project, but if you would like more info in the mean time, you can contact me firstname.lastname@example.org or Maia email@example.com