Open Doors Atlanta via Crowdrise
December 03, 2014
BENEFITING: Enterprise Community Partners
ORGANIZER: Enterprise Community Partners
The Southeast United States has been one of the areas hardest hit by the housing crisis of the last decade. The affordable housing shortage is real – 175,000 affordable homes are needed just to meet today’s demand. And additional affordable housing continues to be lost every day - to foreclosure, declining property conditions and conversion of properties into higher priced housing. Enterprise Southeast needs your help!
- More than 350,000 families exist at or below the poverty line.
- Nearly 400,000 low-income residents pay so much for rent they cannot afford the costs for other necessary items such as food, transportation, and health care.
- Roughly 25,000 of the region’s residents must seek refuge in one of the city’s homeless shelters or sleep on the streets, under bridges or on park benches on any given night.
- Over 150,000 families living in federally subsidized housing lack access to public transit, good schools for their children and decent jobs for themselves.
Since 1995, Enterprise has leveraged resources that have preserved or produced 13,000 affordable homes in the region. And we’re not finished yet. We are still working hard to:
- Preserve the affordability of homes near planned transit locations before home prices rise and low income people are priced out of these neighborhoods.
- Provide homes and support services for the region’s homeless population.
- Ensure that all affordable homes are renovated or built to be green and healthy.
With your help, we can continue to preserve more homes for families that need a safe, healthy, affordable place to live. For every dollar you contribute, we are able to leverage $60 of investment to provide individuals and families with a place to call home and a chance to succeed.