%1$s Profile Image

Epilepsy Foundation Heart of Wisconsin

The Epilepsy Foundation Heart of Wisconsin leads the fight to stop seizures, find a cure and overcome the challenges created by epilepsy.

www.epilepsywisconsin.org Tax ID 39-1370658

Donate

For over thirty years the Epilepsy Foundation Heart of Wisconsin has brought supportive and educational programs to 46 counties in Wisconsin where people with epilepsy live, learn and work. The Epilepsy Foundation is dedicated to providing daily living skills training, support groups, social and recreational activities, a summer camp for kids, and assistance with emergency medications to ensure people with seizures are able to participate inall life experiences.

 

Research has shown that 1 in 26 people will be diagnosed with epilepsy at some point while 1 in 10 will have just one seizure. In 70% of those with epilepsy, the cause is unknown; among the other 30% seizures may be the result of a traumatic brain injury, a stroke or brain tumor, or infections such as encephalitis and meningitis. And when they have questions, we work hard to find the answer. 

 

We hope that people with epilepsy can one day live without the fear of job loss, bullying, or the stigmas that may prevent them from achieving their goals. With your help we can do that. Promote epilepsy awareness and support the epilepsy programs in your community. Because, chances are, you may already know someone with epilepsy.