Eric Martin via Crowdrise
August 01, 2015
Thanks for checking this out! Here's some helpful information...
What is the NFXF Let ‘Em Know 5K?
The NFXF Let ‘Em Know 5K is part of July’s National Fragile X Awareness Month “Let ‘Em Know” campaign!
The 5K is a virtual run/walk to help raise awareness and funds for Fragile X from anywhere in the world! Ask anyone who’s participated: This is one of the easiest ways to raise awareness for Fragile X, so why not give it a shot?
It isn’t about how fast you are. It’s about what you can do to raise awareness and “Let ’Em Know” about Fragile X.
What is Fragile X Syndrome?
Fragile X syndrome is a genetic condition that causes a range of developmental problems including learning disabilities and cognitive impairment. Usually, males are more severely affected by this disorder than females. Click the link for more info: http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/fragile-x-syndrome
Want to Run/Walk with a fancy shirt and bib? Register Today!
- Click on "JOIN this Event"
- Select "REGISTER for the Event"
- Select your registration (adult or child) and click "Next"
- Select "Join a Team" and select "Team Riddick 9" from the dropdown. Click "next step"
- Complete the forms and you're ready to go!
Not interested in running, walking or strolling?
I've got you covered! You can still make a donation by clicking "DONATE to this fundraiser".
Please note: Only run/walk participants who register will receive the official race shirt and bib.
What does “virtual run/walk” mean?
Because there is no single organized event, you can run or walk (bike, hop or skate, whatever you like!) the 3.1 miles (5K) all at once or over the course of a week or the entire month, anywhere, anytime! You do not have to report or verify your miles, it’s all on the honor system.
What I do want is for you to share your awareness success – while you are out, take pictures with your Let 'Em Know Race shirt and share it with me through social media! Take and post pictures to share them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #TeamRiddick9 and #NFXFLetEmKnow.
Only folks who register to participate will receive a custom-designed, collectible athletic race shirt and NFXF Let ’Em Know 5K race bib. Donors to my fundraising page, will not receive a shirt unless they register themselves.
Get started today… the sooner, the better!
- Register* by June 12th to ensure you receive a NFXF Let ’Em Know 5K race shirt and bib
- Share your personal Fundraising page with your personal network of family, friends, colleauges, etc.
- Put on your official NFXF “Let ‘em Know” race shirt, lace up and hit the road on your own virtual 5k. Have friends and family join you for support and to create more awareness than ever before.
- Take and post pictures to share them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #TeamRiddick9 and #NFXFLetEmKnow.
*Note: Participants must register by June 12 to guarantee their shirt will arrive in the mail by July 1. Limited sizes are available, so please order today!
Complete your run or walk by July 31, 2015.
Please check with your doctor regarding your ability to physically participate if you have not regularly exercised in the last 12 months prior to the NFXF Let ‘Em Know 5K. Your doctor will probably suggest there is no time like the present to start getting active!
But be smart, don’t stress and stay healthy—we want you running or walking for Fragile X for a long time to come! All donations to your personal fundraising page benefiting the NFXF on the Crowdrise website are tax-deductible!