Becky Sampson via Crowdrise
March 10, 2015
BENEFITING: Girls on the Run - Chicago
ORGANIZER: Girls on the Run - Chicago
EVENT: Esprit De She Tri 2015
EVENT DATE: Jun 14, 2015
Thank you for visiting this page and taking the time to get to know Girls on the Run! I am supporing this charity for the Esprit De She Triathalon - Naperville on June 14th and am so excited to use it as a way to give back.
If you would like to donate, please see the yellow button on the right and thank you for your support!
Girls on the Run - Chicago wrote -
Girls on the Run-Chicago is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to inspire girls to be healthy and confident. Using a fun, experience-based after-school curriculum which creatively integrates running, the innovative program combines training for a 5k event with interactive lessons that encourage positive emotional, social, mental and physical development.
In 2015, GOTRC will serve more than 9,000 girls throughout Chicagoland. Of those 9,000 girls approximately 85% will receive financial assistance to participate in our after-school programming.
GOTRC strongly believes that every girl should have the opportunity to grow up strong, healthy and confident, which is why it is their promise to never turn away a girl from their program because of her inability to pay the program fee.
The SoleMates on Team Girls on the Run help GOTRC keep this promise to their girls because all funds raised by the team go to underwrite scholarship funds so that every girl has the chance to learn that she can do anything she sets her mind to.
Every donation has a huge impact.
- $10 will cover the cost of one girl's healthy snacks for a season
- $44 will cover the cost of an average program scholarship for one girl
- $59 will cover the cost of program t-shirts for 15 girls
- $78 will cover the cost of water bottles for 8 teams of 15 girls
- $144 will cover the cost for one girl to participate in GOTRC for one season
- $288 will cover the cost for one girl to participate in GOTRC for both the Spring and Fall seasons
- $352 will cover the cost of the average program scholarships from a team of 8 girls
- $1,152 will cover the cost for one team of 8 girls to partcipate for one season