BENEFITING: Eva's Village, Inc
EVENT DATE: Apr 26, 2015
Dale and Max Calvert are running the Novo Nordisk New Jersey Marathon on April 26, 2015 to benefit Eva's Village. We invite you to join and run with us or support our effort to bring awareness and funding to Eva's Village. Eva's Village is New Jersey's most comprehensive non-profit dedicated to fighting poverty. If you would like to support our effort, please donate on crowdrise or send your donation to Eva's Village, 393 Main Street, Paterson, NJ 07501, ATTN: NJ Marathon. If you need more information, call 973.650.9321.
Dale Calvert is Director of Creative Services at Satellite Advertising, Montclair, NJ and currently serves as Eva's Village President of the Board. This will be his first marathon and he needs all the encouragment possible to push him the full distance.
Max Calvert is an attorney licensed in New Jersey and Florida, currently working in NYC. He has run marathons and triathalons and is a LOT younger than his father. This was his idea. Just sayin'.
The 26.2 mile New Jersey Marathon course begins at Monmouth Race Track and ends on the beach at Long Branch, New Jersey.
EVA'S VILLAGE www.evasvillage.org
Eva's Village has demonstrated how integrated programs help the disadvantaged find hope and success. Programs include (2014 numbers):
- Eva's community kitchen, serving 142,887 nutritious lunches
- The Culinary School at Eva's Village, a NJ state certified vocational program, with 82% of our graduates working in food service and 18% in assisted job search
- Former Newman's Own CEO Tom Indoe will soon open Eva's Cookies and Brownies, with all profits going to fund Eva's Village Programs
- Shelters and transitional housing for 168 men and 158 women
- Hope Residence for homeless and/or addicted served 90 mothers and 111 children
- Eva's Village Apartments providing 50 units of new, permanent affordable housing
MEDICAL CARE & RECOVERY
- Free public primary care and dental care clinics provided 5,320 patient visits, a 40.3% increase from 2013
- Inpatient and outpatient recovery serviced more than 550 men and women
- The first peer driven recovery center in New Jersey
- Workforce Development, helping Eva's clients improve job skills