BENEFITING: OHIO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE NETWORK
As we all already know, Moms are pretty special people! We think Mother's Day is a great time to let all women know they are important! Whether it be your mother, aunt, sister, daughter, grandmother, or wife - we think Every Woman Counts on Mother's Day! Please join us as we strive to keep all women safe from domestic violence. Unfortunately, too many women are abused in every way possible, every week, every day, every hour.
The Ohio Domestic Violence Network is Ohio’s leading advocate for survivors and victims of domestic violence, and we are proud to have made a difference in the past year by:
- Championing legislation that protects survivors, including an address confidentiality program through the Secretary of State’s office that, if passed, will allow survivors to vote safely;
- Representing a strong coalition of 72 shelters and crisis centers throughout Ohio;
- Providing civil legal assistance for survivors – last year ODVN helped 151 women with pro bono or reduced rate attorney fees;
- Rolling out new resources for trauma victims;
- Training professional service providers and advocates in best practices;
- Collaborating with partners for innovative prevention strategies including engaging men in anti-violence initiatives and promoting safer college campuses;
- Educating our national and state legislators on domestic violence;
- Empowering survivors with resources such as matched savings and financial literacy programs;
- Showcasing Ohio as a national leader in the work to end domestic violence.
This year, we are excited to roll out programs for children suffering from trauma including homeless youth and children living in shelter. We are asking you to join us in this effort to help end domestic violence by contributing a tax-deductible gift today.
We are truly changing lives for the better and we couldn’t do what we do without you! With your continued support, Ohio will be a safer place for each and every one of us. Thank you for caring.