Extending the lifespan of our beloved dogs - Research
Organized by: Thomas Sandberg
Animal Lovers of the World – Sit Up and Pay Attention!
Please read and share this important information that will help dogs live healthier, longer lives.
Support and be a part of the most important research project involving dogs ever conducted.
This research project will confirm the following amazing facts:
- Dogs can live much longer than they currently do
- The risk of their developing cancer can be drastically reduced
This can be done by simply feeding dogs the food they are designed for!
For the past 15 years I have fed my dogs the food they are designed and there’s a difference anyone can see.
I also have followed a small group of dogs (80) from around the world that are following the same diet.
The results? I have seen longer lifespans – up to 50% longer than the average lifespan for the breed. In addition, the incidence of cancer was nearly zero. Now I am ready to take my research project to the next level and I need your help.
Why do so many dogs die of cancer?
In a word; diet. Through no conscious fault of their owners, millions of dogs eat food that shortens their natural lifespan while simultaneously increasing their risk of developing any number of deadly diseases, particularly cancer. Close to 50% of dogs will develop cancer and, sadly, in most cases it is terminal. The worst part is; most people are feeding their dogs what they believe to be healthy food that’s good for their dog!
This fact is not acceptable!
Join me in working to prevent the needless and untimely death of millions of dogs! The way to achieve this is so simple and so natural:
We must start feeding our dogs the food they were designed to eat.
The simple fact is that we have defied nature by feeding our pets food they were never meant to eat!
Our dogs will thrive if we follow nature’s plan.
I have dedicated my life to educating dog owners to feed their dogs the food they are designed to digest. Feeding dogs in this way has been shown, through my own research, to increase longevity while decreasing the risk of cancer.
Dogs have always been called ‘man's best friend’ and it is time we started looking after our friends. This is the least we can do when you consider the joy and happiness they bring to our lives. If dogs could talk this is the food they would be ordering at every meal. We need to speak up on behalf of our beloved friends and do everything we can so they can live healthier, happier and longer lives.
I am halfway through a 30-year research project, tracking the progress of a group of dogs that have been placed on a steady diet optimized for their nutritional needs; raw meat and bones.
Phase 1 (1999-2014)- Just Completed.
I started studying the digestive system of carnivores in 1999. Within a few months, I realized that dogs, who are 99% genetically similar to wolves, have digestive systems designed to extract all their nutrients from raw meat and bones. This food supplies the dog’s organs with all the vital nutrients they require to function properly. In addition, these nutrients build and sustain a strong immune system that can defend against dangerous free radicals. The result is:
A drastic slowdown of the aging process and superior protection against a host of deadly diseases, such as cancer.
Phase 2 (2014-2029) – Now Underway.
After 15 years of tracking the progress of a relatively small number of dogs (80), I am ready to expand this research project to 1000 dogs. The results from the first 15 years have been amazing and now I want to expand this project to produce more definitive results over a wider range of dogs and produce incontrovertible, undeniable proof for the world to see, understand, absorb and put into practice with all of our dogs everywhere.
I have no doubt that, at the conclusion of Phase 2, the results will stun the dog world. The astonishing results I’ve achieved with phase 1 of this project leads me to believe that phase 2 will clearly show:
- Fed raw meat and bones, large and giant breed dogs will live much longer and healthier lives than their current average life expectancy. Some will even double their average life expectancy. For instance, I would expect a Dane fed raw for most of its life to live far into its teens; 14-16 years old would not be uncommon. This is astounding when you consider the fact that the average lifespan of a great Dane is presently 6-8 years.
- Medium and smaller breed dogs should live into their 20s when fed this type of food. There are cattle dogs in Australia who are fed exclusively raw kangaroo meat that live into their late 20s.
- The health of dogs fed in this manner is generally superior to dogs fed commercial dog food.
- Periodontal diseases will be nearly eliminated since carbohydrates and sugars are not found in raw meat and bones.
- Early joint diseases, like arthritis, will be eliminated and will not appear until very late in life.
- Liver disease and pancreatic disease will, in most cases, be eliminated.
- Cancer, which is currently responsible for taking half of our beloved dogs, will be eliminated almost entirely.
Nature has given us the perfect owner’s manual for our dogs.
Many useful products we buy and enjoy come with an owner’s manual. Cars come with a handbook telling us what we need to do in order to make sure our car runs great for many years; following these instructions and taking good care of your vehicle can add years to its life while saving you lots of money in repairs. Everything we need to know is in the manual.
If dogs came with a manual, it would be very short and easy to follow. It would say:
- Feed your dog a mix of raw meat and bones, close to this ratio: 80% meats, 10% bones, and 10% organ meats.
- Feed a daily portion close to approximately 2-3% of your dog’s ideal adult weight.
- Exercise your dog every day.
- Love your dog as a member of your family.
If you follow these simple instructions, your dog will be around and healthy for a very long time. Feeding in this way is what nature intended. A dog is a carnivore, it always was and it always will be! And carnivores require a specific type of diet to stay healthy.
When you feed your dog the right food, it will develop and sustain a rock solid immune system. A strong immune system protects a dog from premature aging and deadly diseases by effectively fighting off free radicals, which are the main cause of health problems and early aging in dogs.
What does this mean for you?
This means that you can enjoy your beloved pet for many years without seeing him or her suffer from diseases. We have all experienced the heartache of losing a pet to disease. I had a dog die from cancer and I pledged to myself that a dog in my care would never again die from the disease. It is a horrific experience that breaks the heart.
Extending the life of service dogs too.
There are about 200,000 task-trained service dogs in the US (not including emotional support dogs). The cost of training one of these dogs can range from $10,000 – $50,000, depending on its tasks. These dogs tend to get better at their work as they age so if they could live much longer, millions of dollars could be saved. Service dogs develop an incredible bond with the person they serve and, for the owner of a service dog, it is always heartbreaking and extremely difficult to overcome the illness and early death of the animal they depend on. This is one of my highest priorities: to educate the service dog community about the benefits of a raw, carnivore diet. I have modified the feeding process of raw food so it can be fed by anyone in a clean and safe setting.
However, until I have the results from a much larger research project (Phase 2), I will not be able to convince people that what we feed our dogs is fundamental to their well being. I need your help so I can undertake Phase 2 of the project. I financed the first 15 years out of my own pocket but, unfortunately, I don't have the means to do that with 1000 dogs for the next 15 years. I am not charging a fee to the people whose dogs participate in the study, nor do I charge for helping pets diagnosed with cancer (at any one time, I am assisting 40-60 dogs). Consequently, this project occupies much of my time.
My goal is to initially raise $50,000. This will allow me to:
- Reduce my non-project work commitments so I will have the time to add 1000 dogs to my project by the end of the year. This will be a huge undertaking and I will need to hire someone to assist me with this.
- Be able to personally assist more dog owners in making the switch to a raw food diet. Many people are currently sitting on the fence – either unsure of the benefit of switching to raw or confused as to how to feed raw. I will help educate dog owners of the benefits of feeding raw and how to feed raw in a safe manner.
- Be able to assist and help more dogs with cancer. Sadly, I cannot help everyone at this time; there are not enough hours in the day. With more funding, I would be able to commit more time to helping more dogs in need.
- Pay for 200 dogs to be on an elevated cancer prevention program involving a natural protocol; I will cover the cost of this product.
- Design a special raw feeding program for service dogs.
- Globally promote my project.
- Hold seminars to raise awareness for my project.
- Provide financial assistance to those in need, for annual blood tests of the dogs on my project.
- Conduct online seminars.
- Offer phone support to all those owners whose dogs are on my project.
- Cover miscellaneous administrative expenses.
Please share this with everyone you know who loves animals and wants to keep their beloved pets around for as long as possible.
Any amount of money will help and every dollar counts. To thank you for backing my project, I will give every donor – at any dollar amount – a free copy of my eBook “Learn How To Add Years To Your Dog's Life”. It's a beginner's guide to starting your dog on a diet of raw meats and bones. With your help I’ll be able to continue my research and share everything I’ve learned with the world.