Fam needs 2 rebuild & pay bills from water damage: PROBLEMS
Organized by: norma lemely
This is a family is Always helping out others and giving back to their community, horse, animal, people, life lover. We need to help them.
Single mom of one with special needs needs our help in getting their lives back on track. This past fall 80% of their home was lost to water damage caused by the upstairs unit. Back to studs and sub floor even had to be removed, no kitchen, etc.
There are 2 insurance companies involved and a home association run by home owners. The association's insurance is rebuilding the home. The home owner's insurance is paying for the hotel stay and loss of content. A restoration company was hired to handle the job from start to finish by the home owner. This poor mom has been caught in the middle of these companies.
Here are a few highlights of the nightmare this family has been dealing with:
- it took about 2 months for any money to be released to begin the rebuild (this left one month of hotel stay paid by the ins. company, the home owner had to plead with the ins. company to extend it.)
- pertinent information was withheld: detailed estimate/scope of work not provided until middle of March (about 5 months later) to either the sub contractor or home owner. Things were missed, incorrect, there were discrepencies
- HVAC system concerns expressed from day one, not taken care of until middle of March (about 5 months later (this caused delays in rebuilding (replacing the system effected drywall, paint, flooring, etc. from being completed))
- less than $13000.00 was given to the sub contractor (hired by the GC) to rebuild the place (the cost to rebuild the place is more like $60,000.00+) other draws were promised to the sub, as of current day that hasn't happened with multiple requests and submitted documention.
- there are discrepencies on the scope of work that are a lot & add up to a good bit of money (like a whole wall of cabinets missing, etc). the home owner is being told to be happy with what she is getting and stop being a pain in the rear end
- home owner and sub have been working together to make progress happen in spite of all of this. the home owner even borrowed money from her kid. now there is no money for her to pay needed bills like the mortgage, gas in the car, graduation needs for her kid...she is completely tapped out.
- the home owner and sub have been asking for a draw in Jan & Feb. Feb they where promised a draw within a few weeks (should have been before March, as of current day, still no money). Money was released from insurance company a week or so ago. It has been and is sitting with the association and restoration comapny. They family's hotel stay is no longer being paid for after March 29. (the insurance company paying for the hotel stay - it's not their fault these others are causing delays so why should they pay for it).
- there's a leak from the outside of the home. Water was dripping inside the walls, pooled on the new subfloor. the association was contacted immediately a few eeks ago. this causes delay in getting the new floor installed
- the association has not returned any of the home owner's communications
- the rebuild insurance company has not returned any of the home owner's communications
- March 29 is the last day the other insurance co. will pay for their hotel stay. The home is not ready to move back into: it has no kitchen, the HVAC is scheduled to re replaced, no flooring
- this family can't afford to pay for the hotel and they do not have anyone they can stay with
her credit is not good from leaving her extremely abusive husband so she can't get a loan of any kind. due to all of the meetings, phone calls, etc. and work needed on this she has not been able to work effectively at all her and her kid's health have been affected by all of this negatively.
We are asking if you would lend money against the insurance money coming in and, or give money to help them pay bills.
PICTURES: there are a few before pics & some now pics.
The kid's room is the one room they are looking to have to move back into, with 2 cats. The kitchen is it's current state (those are boxes of their personal items, there are no cabinets). The LV pic is where the floor had to stop until the replacement arrives. The floor is running into 2 bedrooms of the rebuild.