Family & Children’s Association is a human service agency that offers help and hope to nearly 20,000 of our Long Island neighbors each year. For more than 130 years, we have worked to protect and strengthen vulnerable children, seniors, veterans and families through community-based programs that provide a wide spectrum of services that deliver assistance to those struggling to build better lives. We offer Addiction Treatment and Behavioral Health Services, Educational Opportunities & Life Skills for Youth, Strategies for Building Family Success, Shelter & Services for Homeless Youth, Adults & Veterans, as well as Innovative Approaches to Strengthening Communities. Ours is a community of caring made up of staff, volunteers and supporters who join together to transform lives, making a difference where we live and work.
In keeping with our mission of “protecting and strengthening Long Island’s most vulnerable children, seniors, families and communities,” we are proud to be the only Long Island agency to offer:
- a 24/7/365 emergency shelter for youth in crisis;
- a highly-focused Step Up to Success initiative that brings to bear every available community resource to help at-risk youth become can-do adults;
- a Persons in Need of Supervision (PINS) diversion and family mediation program in Nassau County;
- an independent living skills program for children in foster care in both Nassau and Suffolk Counties;
- a volunteer-driven oversight program to monitor the care received by senior citizens living in adult or nursing homes;
- not one, but two chemical dependency treatment centers battling our region’s heroin crisis and putting young people on a path to recovery.
And, we serve over 9000 senior citizens! Our mission is to protect and strengthen Long Island’s most vulnerable children, seniors and families and we welcome your contribution of time, talent or treasure. Visit www.FamilyandChildrens.org or call 516.746.0350 and help us carry out our mission of caring for our neighbors in need.