One in four women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime. Join Family Services and The Allstate Foundation to raise money for safe shelter and comprehensive support services that can give hope and transform lives.
Family Services has the chance to win $100,000 from The Allstate Foundation Purple Purse Challenge if we raise the most money out of 150 other domestic violence organizations around the U.S. We think we can win, and to do so, we definitely need your help. To help now, please donate whatever you can via this page.
Or, if you want to go one step further, click on 'Fundraise for This Campaign.' In seconds, you'll have your own fundraiser that you can share with all of your family and friends so that you can raise money for the cause, too!
Your donation will be put to use fulfilling Family Services' mission to help children, adults, and families throughout Tulare County heal from violence and thrive in healthy relationships. Family Services has operated as a nonprofit organization for more than 30 years and helps more than 3,000 men, women and children in need annually. Some of our services inlcude:
- Karen’s House emergency shelter for women and children escaping domestic violence—the only such shelter in the Visalia area and one of only two in Tulare Couny
- Comprehensive services, including case management, support groups, counseling, legal services, and financial empoweremnt training, for survivors of domestic violence
- Rape crisis hotline and advocacy for survivors of sexual assault
- No-cost therapy for children who have experienced abuse or trauma
- More than 40 units of supportive housing for victims of abuse or families living with disabling conditions
Why a Purple Purse? The primary reason many domestic violence survivors stay in or go back to an abusive relationship is because they don't have the financial resources to break free and stay free. The purple purse is symbolic because purple is the color for domestic violence awareness and a purse represents a woman's financial domain. Financial empowerment is a critical component of the comprehensive services Family Services offers to the survivors we work with at Karen's House and in the community.
On behalf of our clients—your neighbors right here in Tulare County—thank you for your support. Together, we are improving our Tulare County community… one parent, one child, and one family at a time.