BENEFITING: Family Services of Westchester, Inc.
ORGANIZER: Family Services of Westchester, Inc.
EVENT DATE: Dec 01, 2015
Laura, a teacher in an area school, sent us a letter saying, "I have 6 year old boy who just arrived from Africa. He's been wearing the same outfit to school every day for over a week. Can you help?" Within hours, a volunteer assembled a week's worth of fall clothing for the boy including a fire truck shirt that Lauren reported was his favorite.
The Sharing Shelf needs your help to achieve its mission. I continue to run The Sharing Shelf as a volunteer. With your financial assistance, we can continue to operate and provide needy children with a very basic necessity - clothing.
- $30 buys a fully stocked backpack for a high school student
- $50 buys new socks and new underwear for 5 children
- $100 allows us to provide a week's worth of winter clothing including a winter coat to two children
- $200 provides clothing to a family of four children
- $500 provides new backpacks and new school supplies for a first grade class
- $2,000 funds our spring Teen Boutique