Did you know?
- As a result of Greece's Debt Crisis, the percentage of the population living in extreme poverty has reached 15% and is still rising (it was just 2.2% in 2009).
- The rise in Preventable Breast Cancer Deaths is linked to poverty. Women of lower socioeconomic status tend to have their breast cancer diagnosed when the tumor is at a later stage, making their cancer more difficult to treat.
All money raised for FTBC Greece will be used to provide free clinical breast exams to women in Greece who can’t afford them and to further raise awareness of how they can prevent breast cancer.
Fashion Targets Breast Cancer (FTBC) Greece is part of an international campaign started by Ralph Lauren in the United States in 1994, with the aim of supporting breast cancer research through the money raised by selling the iconic FTBC t-shirt with the target logo. The campaign is now in its 15th year in Greece.
FTBC Greece in numbers:
- 4.000.000 women have been informed about breast cancer prevention
- 22.000 women have had a free mammogram
- 8.000 women have had a free clinical breast exam
- 34.000 women have been informed about the value of physical exercise in breast cancer prevention