A RACE TO RAISE FUNDS, KIDS PLAY RALLIES 11 OLYMPIANS TO GIVE KIDS IN RWANDA A NEW PLAYING FIELD!
HOW CAN YOU HELP US REACH OUR GOAL?
Donate | Join an Athlete's Team & Fundraise | Share with Others
Join Kids Play's Founder, 3x Olympian, Tracy Evans, and our Olympic and professional athlete ambassadors in a RACE TO RAISE funds to build a much needed safe space, dedicated and centralized multi-sport FIELD OF OPPORTUNITY for the Kids Play children in the rural village of Gatagara, Rwanda.
Our FIELD OF OPPORTUNITY will impact 100+ children participating in our Let's Play Fair weekly program, 1000+ children, youth and adults in the community through our weekly Kids Play Community Day and 4000+ children from our 3 partner schools.
The creation and maintenance of a multi-sport field is a top priority because the current field is:
- Shared with the community and does not allow for a consistent programming schedule to occur.
- Not centrally located for the kids coming from the three surrounding schools, making it difficult for some of the kids to arrive on time and to get home safely before it is dark.
- Not a safe field to conduct a sports program; it has uneven terrain, tall grass that hides dangerous holes and during the rainy season has standing water, which attracts mosquitos that can carry malaria.
A DEDICATED, CENTRALLY LOCATED AND LEVEL FIELD WILL ALLOW US TO:
- Better impact 100+ children participating in our Let's Play Fair weekly program, 2000+ children, youth and adults in the community through our weekly Kids Play Community Day and 4000+ children from our 3 partner schools.
- Run more consistent and productive programs
- Enhance a “safe space” among participants (both physically and emotionally)
- Create more opportunities for community involvement.
- Host invitational tournaments with other surrounding villages.